Choose your topic- it should be a question (something you relate to and want to find out more about).
Any topic related to cell biology
Quality of content is MOST important
1500 to 2500 words
1 in margins all around; 12pt font (prefer Calibri or Arial); 1.5 in spacing;
Use APA style
Free citation builders; Noodle Bib Express, KnightCite, others
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) has amazing resources on grammar, formatting, and plagiarism
Charts, illustrations, diagrams are not necessary but can always be good
You will be graded on your ability to answer the questions below
– Did you correctly identify the hypothesis?
– Did you introduce the why for your hypothesis- almost like a background?
– Did you clearly identify at least 3-4 articles, papers that address your hypothesis?
-Did you accurately discuss the major concepts in the article?
– Did you relate the article to points discussed in class?
– Is your paper edited for punctuation and grammar (spelling, etc.)?
– Did you provide your thoughts/opinion on the subject?
– Did you use YOUR OWN WORDS to explain the article and the concepts?
– Did you include a reference section and correctly cite sources within your review?