COURSE CODE BCO111 COURSE NAME Foundations of Business Management Mid-Term Task brief & rubrics
• This is an individual task, requiring you to address all questions in a clear manner (numbered), giving supporting, relevant examples wherever possible.
• The task focuses on areas studied to date, requiring you to show knowledge and application in the parts stated.
• You should upload a single, correctly formatted document which may also include any relevant tables and diagrams
Questions: 1. Describe the skills and abilities required for performing a manager’s job. Explain the main managerial functions in the management process and
what roles managers need to effectively perform them
2. An organization’s external environment is composed of 2 distinct layers. Identify the dimensions of those environments and how they can impact an organization.
3. Discuss the relationship between different management levels and management decision-making. How does this impact planning?
4. Identify and explain the basic elements of organizing
• Wordcount: 1000-1400 (250-350 per question)
• Note that Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
• Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: Week 4 – Via Moodle (Turnitin) by Sunday June 20th 23.59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject.