Study of the development of the individual from conception through adulthood inclusive of old age. The focus is on biological, sensorimotor, cognitive, social, emotional and intellectual aspects across the lifespan.
Papalia, D. E. & Martorell, G. (2015). Experience Human Development (13th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Select a topic from this week’s readings:
• Chapter 1: The Study of Human Development
• Chapter 2: Theory & Research
• Supplementary readings/videos
If you are new to the study of human development, I suggest you pick a general topic. If you are more advanced, I suggest that you examine a topic specific to your work or one you would like to learn more about.
2. Find and read a peer-reviewed/scholarly/academic publication related to your topic. Only use journal articles, academic book chapters, government websites, or national professional organization websites (don’t use blogs, newspapers, or magazines).
3. Describe the contents of the publication. How may it be of use in your future career or personal life? Summarize your thoughts in 300 words 12 pt font size time new roman and include in-text and reference citations on a separate page.
4. Include an APA citation for the publication