Week 5: Grand Rounds Presentation
No unread replies. No replies.
The purpose of this assignment is to increase your knowledge regarding a chronic health condition that is commonly encountered in primary care. This health condition should be chosen from one of the weak areas identified from the APEA Pre-Predictor Exam in NR603.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
Apply clinical practice guidelines to common chronic conditions seen in primary care. (CO 1, 4)
Total Points Possible: 50
Create an Infographic using the software of your choice regarding a complex chronic health condition that you would like to learn more about. This health condition should be chosen from one of the weak areas identified from the APEA Pre-Predictor Exam in NR603. The Infographic should include the following:
1. Provide a description of the disease that will be treated by your algorithm.
2. Provide the criteria for diagnosis.
3. Review common diagnostic tests required for diagnosis and/or ongoing management.
4. Present a pharmacologic treatment algorithm that includes the most commonly prescribed drugs for the condition.
5. Provide evidence by sharing clinical guidelines, research articles, or other scholarly materials to support your Infographic
6. Identify reasons that each medication might be selected, barriers to practice, or issues related to the condition and the use of pharmacologic treatment.
7. Describe the expected outcomes for medication management, including expectations for follow up care.
8. A full reference list should be included in APA format on a reference page.