Complete a critical analysis of the following quantitative research article:
Ghezelijeh, T. N., Ardebili, F. M., Raffi, F. &amp;amp; Haghani, H. (2016). The effects of music intervention on background pain and anxiety in burn patients: Randomized controlled clinical trial. Journal of Burn Care and Research, 37, 226-234. Download Ghezelijeh, T. N., Ardebili, F. M., Raffi, F. &amp;amp; Haghani, H. (2016). The effects of music intervention on background pain and anxiety in burn patients: Randomized controlled clinical trial. Journal of Burn Care and Research, 37, 226-234.
Please answer the questions using your own words in approx. 4-8 sentences.
Article Appraisal/Critique Questions
What is the purpose of the research?
Was this a quantitative or qualitative approach to research? Was this
methodology appropriate? What is the research design?
Identify the population sampled. How was the sample drawn?
Inclusion/Exclusion criteria? What were the resulting sample characteristics?
How were data collected?
What were the findings?
Discuss any ethical considerations.
What are the strengths and limitations of the methods used in this study? At least one strength and one limitation.
Rank this study on the evidence hierarchy and state how this level of evidence is useful for contributing to practice change given the strengths and weaknesses and its ranking.
Please complete this critique in APA 7th and include a reference list.
1) Purpose of the Research: The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria. 1. Purpose clearly stated 2. Supported by author citation.
2) Approach and Research Design: 1. The research approach is designated as quantitative or qualitative 2. The research design is identified and is correct 3. A discussion of appropriate methodology is included and supported.
3) Sampling: 1. Identify the population of interest 2. Describe how the sample was drawn 3. List the inclusion and exclusion criteria 4. Include a brief synopsis of the resulting sample characteristic (ie sample size, demographics)
4) Data Collection: 1. Describe how the data were collected 2. Include data collection tools and measures used
5) Findings/Results: 1. Provide a brief synopsis of the research results 2. Include statistics and/ or themes that emerged
6) Ethical Considerations:1. Describe how the protection of human subjects was conducted 2. Include an evaluation of appropriateness of protections
7) Strengths and Weaknesses (5 points for strength and 5 points for weakness)
8) Rank on the Evidence Hierarchy: 1. Identify the location of the research on the evidence hierarchy 2. Include how this impacts its applicability to practice change
9) APA formatting, Grammar and Scholarly Language