Essay: Write a 800-1500 word essay addressing each of the following questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which question you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. Cite examples of how older adults can compensate for age-related physical declines.
2. Cite evidence that both genetic and environmental factors contribute to Alzheimer’s disease and cerebrovascular dementia.
3. Describe cognitive functions that are maintained or improve in late adulthood. What aspects of aging contribute to them?
4. Cite features of neighborhoods and residential communities that enhance elders’ life satisfaction.
5. Why is adjustment to late-life divorce usually more difficult for women and adjustment to widowhood more difficult for men?
6. What psychological and workplace factors predict favorable adjustment to retirement?
7. Explain why older adults think and talk more about death than do younger people but feel less anxious about it.