Academic Year 2021/2022
This module will provide student with an overview of the steps involved in the commercial production of (bio)pharmaceuticals in a GMP facility. Students will also gain understanding of the processes involved in both development and storage of host cells and the upstream/downstream steps.
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Understand the steps involved in genetically engineering host cells and the production of a suitable inoculum.
2. Know the fermentation strategies and the need for close monitoring and control.
3. Describe the general layout of an industrial biopharmaceutical facility
4. To identify the utilities and equipment required for production of biopharmaceuticals.
5. Describe the cleaning-in-place (CIP) and steam-in-place (SIP) protocols for setting up a stainless-steel bioreactor.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of BMOL40360 Bioprocessing. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.