Behavior Intervention Plan Assignment
The purpose of this Behavior Intervention Plan Assignment is to provide a means of practice in Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) development. Behavior Intervention Plans are often developed and implemented in an effort to intervene in unacceptable behaviors. The creation of a plan requires determining the antecedents and consequences of the behavior so that the environment can be adapted to correct the behavior. It is important that teachers, and others, understand the purpose of a Behavior Intervention Plan and what is required to develop an effective plan.
You will produce a BIP—full in its overall scope, but not in-depth.
Behavior Intervention Plan: Rough Draft Assignment Instructions:
1. Read Jackson’s Functional Behavior Assessment provided with this Behavior Intervention Plan Assignment.
2. Complete the provided Behavior Intervention Plan Template based on information gleaned from Jackson’s Functional Behavior Assessment. The following components are required:
· A title page and a references page in current APA format.
· One paragraph statement of your philosophy of meeting students’ individual behavioral needs to include proactive techniques and ethical issues. At least one supporting reference should be cited.
· A complete description of Jackson to include social interaction, overall academic performance, gender, and other relevant data.
· Identification of the target behavior to include baseline data and intervention goal.
· A hypothesis statement.
· At least 3 intervention strategies to include rewards and consequences, an implementation schedule, and an example of a behavior contract (does not need to be part of the strategies).
· A crisis plan.
· A description and example of the record-keeping system.
· An evaluation schedule.
· A description and example of the system for communicating with the parents.
· A description of a follow-up plan.
3. Review the Behavior Intervention Plan: Rough Draft Grading Rubric to be sure you have included all required information.
Behavior Intervention Plan: Final Draft Assignment Instructions:
1. Review the comments provided by your instructor and revise your plan.
2. Review the Behavior Intervention Plan: Final Draft Grading Rubric to be sure you have met the requirements for full credit.
3. Submit the revised plan, completed using the Behavior Intervention Plan Template, all required attachments, a title page, and a references page.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.