As nurses, we need to find effective ways to handle our stress.
1: Explain how stress has affected you personally.
2: How do you manage stress in your life?
3: Are there other activities you could incorporate into daily routine to reduce stress?
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
· Maloney, C. (2012). Critical incident stress debriefing and pediatric nurses: An approach to support the work environment and mitigate negative consequences. Pediatric Nursing, 38(2), 110-3.
· Mealer, M. L., Shelton, A., Berg, B., Rothbaum, B., & Moss, M. (2007). Increased prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in critical care nurses. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 175(7), 693-7.
· Templeton, D. (2015, Feb 27). Hospital treats nursing stress with ‘mindfulness’ workshops. McClatchy – Tribune News Service.
· American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA). (2018). Holistic stress management for nurses .
· American Psychological Association (APA). (2018). Stress effects on the body .
· Das, S., & Baby, P. (2014). Correlation between organizational stress and job satisfaction among registered nurses in selected hospital. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 4(1), 45-49.
Stress and Nursing Practice
Describe the case that defined you as a nurse. (Remember to protect patient privacy).
· What happened, how were you involved?
· How does this case still affect you and your practice?
· What steps have you taken to overcome the stress of this event?
Explain the importance of debriefings.
· Are they used in your workplace?
· If a debriefing would happen who would be involved, what would be discussed, who would lead the debriefing, where would it take place?
· Are debriefings possible at your workplace and would they help nurses deal with stress?
Length: 1250 to 1750 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.