Brain and body aging. Are there ways to slow body aging? What does the research suggest to help individuals live healthier and longer?
Health Promotion Paper (using Gordon’s Framework )
Health Promotion Objective: Students will search nursing and allied health resources for evidence-based data to develop a paper on one of the topics. Current relevant recommendations may enhance the health promotion of individuals, families and communities while enhancing cultural competence.
• Brain and body aging. Are there ways to slow body aging? What does the research suggest to help individuals live healthier and longer?
Rubric for paper
1. Introduction: Identify the aim of the paper. Introduce reader to what the paper will address. This is a map of what the reader should expect and in what order __________________________5%
2. a. Define and discuss the topic. Identify the population (gender, culture, age, etc…)
Support your topic with evidence from the literature (literature review). Reference using
APA style. _________________________________________________________________20%
b. What policies ae in effect regarding this issue? Financial resources (ACA; Insurance; Grants)? ______________________________________________________________ ______10%
3. Address the health promotion issue of individuals, families, and communities used for this paper and relate the issue to cultural awareness (specify age, gender, and culture of well individuals.). Using the nursing process formulate a nursing diagnosis and provide a comprehensive treatment plan. Gordon’s Framework and its impact on nutrition must be included__________________________________________________________________20%
4. Discuss the importance of why nurses must have this knowledge. Develop a teaching plan that incorporated the evidence and knowledge you discussed in promoting health (develop a teaching plan) _____________________________________________________________________20%
5. Discuss your feelings that were evoked from this assignment and how these feelings will impact you and your practice as a registered professional nurse________________________5 %
6. Conclusion (a brief synopsis of your findings)______________________________________5%
7. General Expectations: Written in a clear and concise manner using APA style; Proper grammar and spelling; ___________________________________________________ _15%
References –minimum of 4 current references (2008 -2018) in addition to E, K & M
References must be scientific/evidence-based and from scholarly journals. They can be from allied health care journals in addition to nursing
Paper length – (your call-whatever needed to have a comprehensive paper).
Submit (2) research articles used in the preparation of this paper with final paper.
320 Health prom paper Dani gordons-functional-health-patterns pdf